Floating Ornament

Hello! I am so very excited to share this post with you. I finally can since we have our Christmas tree up now! I love Christmas and the warm glow of Christmas lights and this project went along perfect with my love. I used the Arctic Pals Clear stamp set from Craftin Desert Divas to create this floating ornament.

First I cut out the floating element from an acrylic sheet using my new Cameo 3.



 Next I stamped the sentiment onto the acrylic with Staz On ink. It is an ink that is make for any non porous surfaces such as glass, metal, plastic, ect. I had already cut and colored the little ice bear from bristol white cardstock since I use zig markers to color with. I attached him to the acrylic with some tape runner. I added some fake snow to the bulb then topped it off with some Polar Frost sequins. I used the Make It Christmas flat glass ornaments from Hobby Lobby.


When that was ready, I rolled the acrylic piece into a long log and slid it into the top of the ornament. It unrolled well but I did use a chopstick to pop it into final place :) I added the top back onto the ornament, and that's it!! It was really easy to do and the results are very pretty, in my opinion.They also make a very special present for those Christmas Ornament Lovers. I have several in my family so I will be making quite  few of them!





Supplies:

Comments

Popular Posts