Gingerbread Luminary

Hello everyone! I am so excited for day #1 of the October Release at Craftin Desert Divas. Today I am sharing my Gingerbread Lane Luminary that I made from the Treat Bag Die. I used the new "Snowflake Flurries Stencil" and the "Gingerbread Lane" digital stamp set.



First I die cut the Treat Bag from some shimmery blue cardstock I had on hand. I cut the window using the included square die. I then laid the stencil on the inside back of the bag piece and used the Nuvo Embellishment Mousse in Powder Blue to make the snowflakes and wind for the inside. While that dried I used the Fall Border dies to cut some snowbanks from the same shimmery blue cardstock. I had to make my own insert tabs for the bag so I simply cut some strips of the blue cardstock and scored them to fit inside the bag. Once the stencil was dry, I put the bag together. I had to cut an insert in the back for the tea light to fit. Mine is NOT pretty but it is functional and no one will see the back anyway.


You can see where I messed up and put the scor tape on the wrong side..LOL. I set the tea light in and then added the instert with the snowbanks on glued onto it. I added the tea light first so I could tell where to glue the insert into. Then I glued the Gingerbread House into the snowbanks. Finally I added the snowmen in to the front for some more dimension.

 

Let's talk about the images and the coloring. I used my Zig Realclean Brush Markers for this. There are a lot of details that are hard to see in a photo but the gingerbread house really looks pretty in real life. I used the Nuvo Accent Glitter on the white frosting parts. I used various colors of glitter gel pen on the candies and finally I added some nuvo drops to the candies around the door frame and some on the carrot noses of the snowmen. I wish you could see it in person because it is simply beautiful at night glowing!

Supplies:

Comments

Popular Posts