Room Overhaul

Sometimes you just have to do it. I have been getting frustrated with my space lately. It has been arranged the same way for over a year with little additions here and there. It became quite cluttered and I was really feeling blocked in. Sooo, I sweet talked hubby into helping me move it around. It is not an easy task with the the desk I have. I've been asked several times, why do you keep that desk. Why don't you get a real crafting desk? Well, here's why. Plain and simple: THIS DESK AND I HAVE A HISTORY TOGETHER..period. I bought this beautiful piece 2 weeks before our lives would change forever. I was picking out studio furniture for my new photography studio and my desk was the one thing I was extremely picky with. Workflow is very important and having the right desk is a huge thing. It is where photographers spend most of their time, tbh. I was full of excitement, anxiousness, and ready to take on whatever God brought me... or so I thought. Then, the house fire happened. This desk has seen me at my worst and at my best. They say that material things can be replaced, and they can. But let me ask you, why do we buy futrniture pieces and call them heirloom items if they are just things to simply replace? This desk has had more tears on it than I can count. This desk has been a comfort, has seen over 50 weddings, more family and HS senior portraits than I can even count. It is where I held my kids while they were crying or just needed Mommy time. It is where I read my bible when I thought I couldn't go on. You see, this desk represents much more than just a desk, THAT is why I keep it. It brings me happiness even through the sadness this life may bring.

Now with all of that being said, it is a new Season and with new seasons come changes. So, I made some huge ones and I think I am in love. It is going to take a bit to get used to, but I think it is worth it. I can now look out my big windows and see the beautiful fall leaves change colors. I can imagine watching it snow as I create. I am feeling refreshed and energized in this new space. I still have a bit to do in here but it will take time to work out all the kinks and I am ok with that! So here is cheers to a new week, new space, and new creativity!!



Comments

Popular Posts