Grateful Blessings

The past few weeks have brought many sorrows for numerous neighbors and friends. 2016 doesn't seem to be starting off with the great expectations that they, or we, had anticipated. A young couple lost their first baby when born prematurely, another is fighting back from a stroke, another young premature baby is fighting for her life tonight. I bring this all up for the fact that I am truly blessed and grateful to have our family. Things have been frustrating me with not being able to unpack my crafting supplies and really get to crafting like I had imagined. Makayla is not cooperative in that and I have just about hit my last straw with her. Tonight I have stopped and reflected. She is a miracle baby. We fought through all the risks and a nasty emergency delivery to have her. She is the miracle that we never imagined could happen. She has required a lot more of my energy and time, as most toddlers do, but I have found myself having a hard time adjusting. After having over 8 years to do what I wanted with my day, it is a struggle to devote all my time again to a toddler. Add in 2 teenagers, one looking and taking college classes, another getting ready to enter high school and that leaves me reeling most days. Tonight I am trying to take time, relax, and truly be grateful for the stresses, challenges, and frustrations in my life because there are those that are fighting for life right now. My heart breaks for all of the struggles going on right now. With both babies, that could have been us but it wasn't. For that I am truly grateful. My prayers and thoughts go out to all the families that are struggling. I hope that peace will find them and that the fighting spirit is within those that need it. I encourage all of you to reflect and be grateful for what you have.

Comments

Popular Posts