Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Poinsetta Card

Hello everyone. Today, while listening to some homework, I created my favorite Christmas cards of the season so far. I first saw these snowflake poinsettas in the current Idea book by Close to my Heart. I knew I wanted to make them, and finally had time to. I did not take pics as I went and now I wish I would have but here is how you do it.  You use the CTMH art philosophy cartridge and cut 3¼" Shift <Snwflke1> (p. 22), 1¾" Shift <Snwflke2> (p. 27), 1½" and 2" Shift <Leaf3> (p. 46). After you have them cut out you use the Snowflake Stamps (D1480  $17.95) to stamp your "flower" petals. Once you have them stamped  I used stickles glittler glue to add some shimmer and shine to them. After they dried I used a glue dot to put them together. You can sand and ink the edges of the leaves which I did but then did not use on my card.  The sentiment is from the Merry and Bright ( C1510 $13.95) stamped in Slate ink. The colors of paper and ink that I used are Cranberry, Smoothie, and Slate. Thank you for looking and if you have questions please let me know!

1 comment:

  1. your card is soooo beautiful, thanks so much for sharing....hugs

    Peggy Lee

    ReplyDelete