It's a paper crafting world!

Hello, this week at White Rose Crafts LLC we have a new theme going on involving paper! I will warn you now, this is a very photo heavy post!


My project involved a LOT of cardstock and paper but I am truly in love with how this mini album turned out. I used Lori Whitlock's 5x5 album with box for the base of the album. It made it so much easier to cut all my pieces with my Silhouette Cameo 3 and then just assemble. The cardstock was some from my stash but the patterned paper is what really makes this project stand out. I used the new Craft O' Clock My Precious Girl 6x6 paper pad and the extra project life cards at White Rose Craft LLC. This paper is amazing! The quality is very nice and thick and the texture is very nice to work with. The patterns are just precious and very fitting for a new baby girl. (shhhh...this just might be a baby shower gift!)



The project life cards have more than just cards in them. It comes with an element sheet that I used my pix scan mat and my cameo to cut out the images. I don't fussy cut and utilizing this machine and it's capabilities allowed me to skip the fussy cutting which is GREAT! I was really bad and didn't take a lot of pictures of me assembling the album but it is pretty much self explanatory. I did add some self adhesive mini pearls and diamonds for extra bling, after all this IS for a new baby girl and bling is required! I also used some glitter washi tape and my Wink of Stella pen for extra sparkle here and there. There are some photo mats that were cut with my Cricut Explore machine and other colors of coordinating cardstock. The hardest part about this project was laying out and picking what paper and embellishments to use where but in the end I think it turned out very nice and I hope that the recipient will fall in love with it like I have!  This first picture shows the box that the actual album is held in.


This and the following pictures show the actual album itself:


This grey pocket is the only pocket page in the album. I added it right at the beginning so that they could include any memorabilia from the hospital or a letter written from mom or dad. All sorts of fun stuff could be stored there if they want and I thought it was a nice add on for something special.









As you can see, there is a lot of room for pictures and journaling. I did consider stamping the photo mats with a "photo goes here" stamp that I have but in the end I decided against it in case they wanted to write something instead. Along with this album I am including some color coordinated cardstock so that they have extra if they want to add something to it themselves. I truly had fun with this project! Thanks for stopping by and sharing some love with me today. Here's to your own crafty fun this week, and remember you can do a LOT with only some cardstock and patterned paper so get to it! 




Comments

Popular Posts